Voter Registration Information

Voters are required to notify the board of registrars of their county of residence whenver they move.

If you move within the same county in which you are registered to vote and don't notify the registrar at least 30 days prior to an election, you may vote in your old polling place for that election. You must file a notice of your new address. This can be done by visiting our office, by submitting a new voter registration voter registration application or by using the Online Voter Registration System (OLVR)

If you move outside the county in which you are registered to vote within 30 days of an election, you may vote in your old precinct for that election.

If you move outside the county in which you are registered to vote in excess of 30 days prior to an election, you have lost your eligibility to vote in the county of your old residence. You must register to vote in your new county of residence. If you don't register to vote by the deadline, you cannot vote in that particular election.

Precinct Cards

If you have misplaced your precinct card or have not yet received one after registering, you may now print it from your My Voter Page

Change of Residence

Georgia citizens have access to several convenient methods of registering to vote 

  • Download and complete a voter registration application. Mail it to us at: Putnam County Board of Elections and Registration, 117 Putnam Drive, Suite D, Eatonton, Georgia 31024.
  • Register to vote online! If you have a valid Georgia driver's license or identification card issued by the Department of Driver Services, you may use the Online Voter Registration System (OLVR) to register to vote entirely online. 
  • Visit our office, public library, public assistance office, recruitment office, schools or other government offices to complete a registration application.
  • Call us at 706.485.8683 and ask that a registration application be mailed to you.
  • Registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver's license at the Department of Driver Services.
  • College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the necessary forms to register in any state in the U.S., from their school registrar's office or from the office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.